The Darkness in the Woods: Some Secrets Should Stay Buried... by Elias Raven & Kasey Hill
In a rural area of Virginia, secrets unfold as a family's past is uncovered through the ruins of their homestead from the 1700's. In a southern style twist of the Hatfields and McCoys, families feud over property, greed, and something more sinister that lurks beyond the grave. As a family of four vacations on the campgrounds on one side of the property line, the ghosts of ages past lure them into the forbidden woods where darkness and disaster await. The terror-ridden tales of paranormal activity subjugate the interests of the children, leading them into a warped timeline of horror and fear as they battle the darkness in the woods while it seeks their souls.
- File Size: 357 KB
- Print Length: 156 pages
- Publisher: Azoth Khem Publishing (October 30, 2017)
- Series: A Southern Haunting
- Paperback: 238 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1945987367
- ISBN-13: 978-1945987366
Elias Raven Biography
Elias Raven was born and raised in Los Angeles. He’s an avid reader with a lifelong passion for writing. He’s a storyteller, a poet and a talented musician with an amazing voice. Oh, and let’s not forget an amazing cook!
As a young boy, he spent many summers reading classics such as "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" and "The White Company" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. His creativity was constantly being pushed as he learned more and more about the world around him. His taste in literature spanned from classics to science fiction/fantasy. He expanded his taste devouring everything from William Blake to Milton, Dante, Baudelaire, Arthur Rimbaud, T.S. Elliot, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, Khalil Gibran, William Carlos Williams, Ezra Pound, Paul Verlaine, Walt Whitman, Alan Ginsburg, Jack Kerouac, William Burroughs, Carl Sandburg, Dylan Thomas, and Jim Morrison. These inspirations and his sheer love for reading had him take pen to paper around the age of 20.
Did I mention he’s a Musician? ...You can often find him playing his guitars (both electric and acoustic) and keyboards and singing (4-octave ranges) in his home studio. He’s a classically trained music aficionado -trained early on by Beethoven, Brahms, Mozart, Hayden, Liszt, as well as Big Band, Jazz and Rag Time. Spending time with his father at the Los Angeles Philharmonic; experiencing his first orchestra concert at the age of 9.
Elias the Gourmet Cook…Oh, My!...His Japanese mother and grandmother trained him very well in fine culinary skills both in cooking and food appreciation from all over the world such as Italian, Indian, Moroccan, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Hawaiian, Pilipino, Greek, and Polish.
When Elias is not reading, writing, composing music or cooking…he can be found listening to music, playing games, hanging out with his kids. He enjoys going to concerts, going on culinary adventures, sightseeing, spending the day at the beach or in the mountains…just doing something adventurous!
Follow Elias Raven
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/EliasRaven1
• Tumblr: http://eliasraven.tumblr.com/
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/eliasraven1
• Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/elias-raven/
• Website: www.eliasraven.com
• Author Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/eliasravenauthor
• Facebook Music & Video Production Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eias-Raven-Music-Video-Production/308963965959568?fref=ts
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOQbFXDiSzgRk4sAYf0PNA
• Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/35827344-elias-raven
• Barnes and Noble: http://tinyur.com/qxo8ta8
• Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/EliasRaven
• Amazon Author Central: https://www.amazon.com/Elias-Raven/e/B0160IV0A4/
Kasey Hill Biography
Hmm…it's so easy writing character synopses than what it is to summarize me up in a bio. I have always had a passion for words.
When I was little my kindergarten teacher had a parent-teacher conference with my mom wanting to put me in an accelerated reading program. She noticed how I picked up books and made up stories to the pictures in them. From that point, I flourished with words. I was always reading and always writing.
I started writing creatively in elementary school, however, it was many years later in high school that it became a passion of mine. Once I graduated high school, I became enthused by occultic matters (furthering another childhood passion) and began writing with Nancy Chandler on her Trinitarian Wicca pieces. All things fiction has always been my thing, reading it, watching it, and writing it. I lost all inspiration when my mother passed in 2009.
I was 20 years old, soon to turn 21 in two weeks (which was our shared birthday, my birth was her birthday present.) I was 2 weeks from finishing my last semester of college and it hit me hard. So hard, that I lost interest in everything I had passion about. My whole life was put on hold even though the years whizzed past my head. After six years of numbness, and hitting a solid 27 years old, a tidal wave burst through the built dam, and I began writing again. I started back on the projects with Nancy Chandler with her long-awaited return of my play of words.
I recently just got started back into the fiction and my first piece is technically considered fan fiction for the Wizard of Oz called The Wastelands of Oz (although to me it's my baby and not a piece of fan fiction). It is currently published alongside my other novel, Firefly of Immortality, through Azoth Khem Publishing. I have 12 or more novels floating around in my head to write but getting this one out was the most important task.
I have one poetry book currently with Azoth Khem Publishing with Dreams of a Broken Soul being rereleased in 2017. Tiptoe through the Tulips was published with Azoth Khem in 2016. The base of it is really all the pent-up darkness and brooding I've dealt with over the course of six years and finally accepting the pain as opposed to being numb to everything.
Dreams of a Broken Soul is a poetry/lyrics book. I was heavy into lyrics writing while I was younger, which went out the door as well when my mother passed.
The floodgates have opened and I have been using all the anger, all the pain, all the sadness, and all the built-up depression I have clung to for years to fuel my writings. I have a few pages with a few more in mind to add to my blog site.
Follow Kasey Hill
• Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Kasey.Hill.Author/
• Twitter: twitter.com/kdt02201988
• Website: www.kaseyhillauthor.wordpress.com
• Blog: www.kaseyhillauthor.tumblr.com
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kdt21/
• Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/11075849.Kasey_Hill
• Kasey Hill’s Fan Group The Eclectic Quill: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1805999022997291/
• Group blog: https://www.facebook.com/the4horsemen18/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kaseyhillauthor/
• Editing page: https://www.facebook.com/NiteOwlPublishingServices/
• Google +: https://plus.google.com/112169881236347952709/posts
• Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaseyhill02201988
• Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kasey-Hill/e/B00O2WT210